VA Palo Alto Health Care System
Construction in Monterey
Major General William H. Gourley VA-DOD Outpatient Clinic
Leadership from the VA and Department of Defense (DoD) have made the commitment to explore innovative approaches to delivering health care to eligible beneficiaries in the Monterey Bay Region. Through a unique and detailed partnership, the new Monterey Health Care Center, to be built on fourteen acres in Monterey County, will be a fully integrated facility that serves Veterans, active duty military members, and their beneficiaries. The center will replace existing and outdated VA and DoD clinics to provide comprehensive healthcare services to patients in a modern space with improved efficiencies and expanded Veteran and family resources.
Other key project facts include the following:
- Health Care Center Lease project will include:
- Developer financed project built on acquired land parcel;
- Construction of 150,000 Gross Square Feet for VA and DoD;
- VA leases back building for extended period of time.
- Fall 2010-Fall 2012 – VA Palo Alto Health Care System worked with architecture firm, Cannon Design, and VA Real Property to develop design and solicitation documents.
- Summer 2013 - Construction award
Press release: Contract awarded to build VA/DOD clinic at former Fort Ord
- Nov. 11, 2013 - Ground Breaking Ceremony (View photos on Facebook)
- Nov. 6, 2014 - Topping-Off Ceremony (View photos on Facebook)
- Construction start: Summer 2014
- Anticipated facility opening: Spring 2016