Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Veteran Stories Brought to Life by Dancers
- AXIS Dance Company recently gave a special performance for an intimate audience of Veterans and VA staff. The performance titled “Onward” is a collection of stories from recently returning Veterans.
- Nutrition and Pain
- Many people suffer from short and long term pain. Can what we eat help relieve some types of pain? The short answer is yes. Nutrition can help with pain that is caused by inflammation.
- Play it Safe with a Wallet Medication Card
- An accurate and up-to-date medication list in your wallet helps to keep you safe by making sure your health care providers know all of your medicines, vitamins and supplements.
- Central Valley Construction Funding Update
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System is pleased to announce the inclusion of funding for the future Stockton Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) as part of President Obama’s Fiscal Year 2016 budget request.
- Move Your Body. Improve Your Mood!
- It’s hard to argue with the fact that regular exercise can improve your physical health, but is there any proof that exercise can improve our mood as well? Research shows it does.
- VA Rolls Out Choice Card Program
- Under the Veterans Choice Act, an estimated 9 million Veterans nationwide may be eligible to get health care in their local community. By the end of January 2015, eligible Veterans should receive a Veterans Choice Card.
- National Walgreens Program
- Flu season is here again, and we have great news about how we are making it more convenient for Veterans to get their annual flu shot! You can now get your flu shot at your neighborhood Walgreens.
- Reclassification of Hydrocodone Products
- On October 6, 2014, the DEA will reclassify all hydrocodone combination products (e.g. Vicodin, Norco, Tussinex, etc.) from Schedule III to Schedule II controlled substances.
- VA Palo Alto Offers Flu Vaccinations to Veterans
- Free flu shots are available to Veterans within the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. The ten facilities of VAPAHCS are offering flu vaccinations to thousands of eligible Veterans at the following locations and times.
- VA Secretary McDonald Visits Palo Alto
- VA Secretary Robert McDonald visited the VA Palo Alto on Wednesday, August 20. He toured the facility and met with staff and Veterans to talk about his plans for the future of the VA.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.