Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- VA Secretary McDonald Visits Palo Alto
- VA Secretary Robert McDonald visited the VA Palo Alto on Wednesday, August 20. He toured the facility and met with staff and Veterans to talk about his plans for the future of the VA.
- "Phase 2" of Construction Begins in September
- The VA Office of Construction and Facilities Management is set to issue the Notice To Proceed for the “Phase Two” major construction project at VA Palo Alto to S.J. Amoroso Construction Company in Redwood City, CA.
- VAPAHCS Addresses Town Hall Q&A
- On Monday, July 7, 2014, Congresswomen Anna Eshoo and Jackie Speier hosted a town hall meeting at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) to address questions and concerns.
- The Importance of Family Support
- PFC (Private First Class) William Victor Tarozzi II, a patient in the Polytrauma Transitional Rehabilitation Program (PTRP) at VAPAHCS, talks about how important family support has been in his recovery.
- TBI: In Her Own Words - Sharron
- Sharron hit her head on the corner of a five-ton truck and incurred a brain injury. She describes her military experience as "IEDs, mortars, gunshot blasts, fallen comrades, and sleepless nights."
- TBI: In Her Own Words - Rachel
- Rachel is an Army Veteran and a survivor of three traumatic brain injuries. She is an advocate for women who have survived traumatic brain injuries and speaks publicly to bring awareness to these "invisible injuries."
- In Her Own Words: Women with TBI Share Their Story
- Every culture has a storytelling aspect that helps people learn from and identify with a common situation. A three-day workshop invited women who have experience with traumatic brain injury to share their stories.
- National Veterans Creative Arts Festival
- Local Veteran artists Michael Rogan, Kerry Hiroshi Paul and Gail Matthews won first place in the 28th Annual Creative Arts Festival on March 5, at VA Palo Alto Health Care System’s Menlo Park division.
- New ID Cards for Vets Enrolled in VA Health Care
- The VA is issuing a brand new Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC) to protect Veterans by enhancing security and decreasing the possibility of identity theft. Find out how you can get yours.
- Phase 2 Construction at VAPAHCS
- The Department of Veterans Affairs’ Office of Construction and Facilities Management recently announced the award of “Phase 2” major construction project at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.