VAPAHCS Parking Updates
March Phase 2 Construction Parking Impacts
(See Current and Future Campus Conditions for more detail on items below.)
- East Loop Road will close for construction and North Loop Road will open.
- Vehicular traffic will flow towards Bldg 520 and the Polytrauma and Blind Rehabilitation Center construction site
- Lot 5 will close for construction
- Valet services will transfer from lot 5 to lot H1 (located at the north side of campus)
- Valet services will remain in lot 8.
- Access to the front of Bldg 5 will be closed
- Bldg 5 will be accessed primarily via the loading dock entry adjacent to Bldg 102
- There will be a dedicated patient drop-off area in lot 100 South (see Bldg 5 Drop-off Details)
- Lots 100 North and 100 South are reserved for patient and visitor parking.
- Parking Structure 1 and the offsite lot are viable parking options.
- Off-site shuttle hours have been extended from 10 pm to 1 am. Following is the expected shuttle schedule:
Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays):
From 6:00 am to 9:00 am – Shuttle runs every 10 minutes
From 9:00 am to 2:00 pm – Shuttle runs every 15 minutes
From 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Shuttle runs every 10 minutes
From 6:00 pm to 1:00 am – Shuttle runs as needed. The shuttle waits at VA campus for riders.
- Late Pickup at Valet Lots: Where staff have indicated a late pickup is needed for their vehicle (after 6:00 pm), valet service will re-park the vehicle in Lot 100 West after 3:30 pm. All other cars that have NOT indicated a late pickup will be left in the valet where they were dropped off. This new procedure ensures that when staff retrieve their vehicle, they have adequate room to open the door and enter their vehicle. Keys will still be available for pickup at Police dispatch with the vehicle location printed on the envelope.
- Click map below for current parking conditions and directions to off-site parking.
- Off-Site Parking Information
Parking Structure 1
The 600-stall parking structure provides free parking for all stakeholders, including patients, staff, and visitors, and continues to be available during Phase 2 construction. The structure is adjacent to buildings 4 and 101, and will be accessible via the South Loop Road.
Bol Park Bike Path Access Closure
Lot H1 is closed and the existing Bol Park bike path access has been closed off. A new access point is open adjacent to lot 6 via a small bridge. The gate is unlocked at 5 am and locked at 9:30 pm, 7 days a week.
View large map
For VA Staff
The on-site/off-site parking policy remains in effect.