VAPAHCS Parking Updates
Phase 2 Construction Parking Impacts
Tuesday, October 21
- Lot H1 will close as the Loop Road and site utilities construction site fencing is erected.
- Valet parking will remain in lot H2.
- Bol Park bike path access closure: When lot H1 closes, the existing Bol Park bike path access will be closed off. A new access point will open adjacent to lot 6 by early November, if not sooner. To access the VA Palo Alto campus in the interim, consider traveling along the bike path to the intersection of Arastradero Rd and Miranda Ave and turning right on Miranda Ave.
- To help ensure parking is available for Veterans and their visitors, cars required to park offsite will be permitted to return to campus at 2 pm instead of 10 am. The Health Care System Memorandum will be updated to reflect this change.
Bol Park Bike Path Access Closure
View large map
- Lots 100 North and 100 South are reserved for patient and visitor parking.
- Parking Structure 1 and the offsite lot are viable parking options.
Off-Site Parking Information
View large map
Parking Structure 1
The 600-stall parking structure provides free parking for all stakeholders, including patients, staff, and visitors, and continues to be available during Phase 2 construction. The structure is adjacent to buildings 4 and 101 and will be accessible via the South Loop Road.
For VA Staff
The on-site/off-site parking policy remains in effect. The ENTIRE campus is considered “on-site” parking from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. Attendants will continue to monitor vehicles along Loop Road. After 2:00 pm, any staff member may park on-site.