VA Palo Alto Health Care System
VAPAHCS Parking Updates
Phase 2 Construction Parking Impacts
Changes to Loop Road and Parking as of May 1, 2016:
- Valet Services in Lot 8 have been discontinued as of April 30, 2016.
- Lot 8 is partly designated, “Patients & Visitors Only,” and the remainder remains general parking.
- Campus parking checkpoints are monitored by security guards under the supervision of Police Service from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding Federal Holidays.
- Security guards support Police Service and assist with safety requirements including traffic control, parking policy enforcement, and providing maps and directions to Veterans, visitors, and staff.
- Off-site parking requirements remain in effect. Please continue to, "Save a space for a Veteran," on campus by parking in the Off-Site Lot based upon the registration tag of your vehicle.
- The on-site shuttle operates from 6 am to 6 pm.
- This ADA-compliant shuttle stops at major facilities and parking areas.
- New VAPAHCS signage.
- See map for shuttle stop locations.
- The shuttle stops only at the bus shelters - one stop at off-site parking and one stop at PAD - to provide consistent ride times.
- New VAPAHCS signage.
- Lots 100 North and 100 South are reserved for patient and visitor parking.
- Parking Structure 1, Off-site, and Overflow lots are viable parking options. There is also RV parking in the Overflow Lot.
- Off-site shuttle hours have been extended from 10 pm to 1 am. Following is the expected shuttle schedule:
Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays):
From 6:00 am to 9:00 am – two shuttle buses run every 10 minutes
From 9:00 am to 3:00 pm – one shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes
From 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm – two shuttle buses run every 10 minutes
From 6:00 pm to 1:00 am – Shuttle runs as needed. The shuttle waits at VA campus for riders.
- Click map below for current parking conditions and directions to off-site parking.
- Off-Site Parking Information
Parking Structure 1
The 600-stall parking structure provides free parking for all stakeholders, including patients, staff, and visitors, and continues to be available during Phase 2 construction. The structure is adjacent to buildings 4 and 101, and will be accessible via the South Loop Road.
Bol Park Bike Path Access Closure
Lot H1 is closed and the existing Bol Park bike path access has been closed off. A new access point is open adjacent to lot 6 via a small bridge. The gate is unlocked at 5 am and locked at 9:30 pm, 7 days a week.
View large map
For VA Staff
The on-site/off-site parking policy remains in effect.