VAPAHCS Parking Updates
April Phase 2 Construction Parking Impacts
Upcoming changes to Loop Road and Parking in late April 2015:
(See Current and Future Campus Conditions for more detail on items below.)
Loop Road traffic flow will change to accommodate the construction of Parking Structure 2.
- Loop Road will be closed on the east side of campus near Building 6
- Loop Road will be opened on the west side of campus near Building 520.
- To access Parking Structure 1 and back valet lot, turn left when entering Palo Alto Division (PAD).
Valet parking at Lot 5 will relocate to a new back valet lot.
- Valet parking will continue to be available to all patients and staff, from 6am to 6pm.
PAD Campus Shuttle
- A new on-site shuttle has begun operations from 6am to 6pm.
- This ADA-compliant shuttle stops at major facilities and parking areas.
- Route and stops will change when Loop Road changes.
- New VAPAHCS signage.
Off-Site Parking Shuttle
- The shuttle stops only at the bus shelters - one stop at off-site parking and one stop at PAD - to provide consistent ride times.
- New VAPAHCS signage.
- Lots 100 North and 100 South are reserved for patient and visitor parking.
- Parking Structure 1 and the offsite lot are viable parking options.
- Off-site shuttle hours have been extended from 10 pm to 1 am. Following is the expected shuttle schedule:
Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays):
From 6:00 am to 9:00 am – Shuttle runs every 10 minutes
From 9:00 am to 2:00 pm – Shuttle runs every 15 minutes
From 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Shuttle runs every 10 minutes
From 6:00 pm to 1:00 am – Shuttle runs as needed. The shuttle waits at VA campus for riders.
- Late Pickup at Valet Lots: Where staff have indicated a late pickup is needed for their vehicle (after 6:00 pm), valet service will re-park the vehicle in Lot 100 West after 3:30 pm. All other cars that have NOT indicated a late pickup will be left in the valet where they were dropped off. This new procedure ensures that when staff retrieve their vehicle, they have adequate room to open the door and enter their vehicle. Keys will still be available for pickup at Police dispatch with the vehicle location printed on the envelope.
- Click map below for current parking conditions and directions to off-site parking.
- Off-Site Parking Information
Parking Structure 1
The 600-stall parking structure provides free parking for all stakeholders, including patients, staff, and visitors, and continues to be available during Phase 2 construction. The structure is adjacent to buildings 4 and 101, and will be accessible via the South Loop Road.
Bol Park Bike Path Access Closure
Lot H1 is closed and the existing Bol Park bike path access has been closed off. A new access point is open adjacent to lot 6 via a small bridge. The gate is unlocked at 5 am and locked at 9:30 pm, 7 days a week.
View large map
For VA Staff
The on-site/off-site parking policy remains in effect.