The Livermore campus sits atop 113 acres in the foothills of Alameda County. It opened in 1925 as a national center for the treatment of tuberculosis (TB). Over the years, the mission of the campus has changed from an inpatient treatment center to an inpatient facility for general medicine and surgery to an outpatient and long-term care facility. The original TB hospital was severely damaged in an earthquake prior to World War II and was subsequently demolished. The site has since been complemented by the addition of a 120-bed Community Living Center (CLC) and administrative support building. In 1995, the Livermore VA Medical Center was consolidated into the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) and was renamed the Livermore Division.
4951 Arroyo Road, Livermore, CA 94550
Livermore Realignment Project
The Livermore Realignment Project includes new construction of an East Bay (Fremont) Community Based Outpatient Clinic, an expanded Central Valley (Stockton) Community Based Outpatient Clinic, a new Central Valley (Stockton) 80-bed Community Living Center and a new Procedure Center in Palo Alto. Subsequent to the completion of these construction phases, this project will decommission the existing 113-acre VA Livermore Division campus. The authorized total project (estimated) cost of the project is $427.7 million.