VA Palo Alto Health Care System
Construction in Palo Alto
New 95,000 sq. ft. Basic Science Research
The Basic Science Research Center will be approximately 95,000 gross square feet (GSF) on three levels. The two-story, light filled entry lobby with elevators and a stair is designed to encourage communication and connection between researchers who will occupy the building.
The first and second stories will include open, flexible modular research labs with abundant natural light, support spaces, and offices. The design of the building as a whole is based on the idea that collaboration is vital to the advancement of research and ultimately for Veterans' health and well-being.
- Building will feature:
- State-of-the-art open wet-bench laboratory design
- Increased amount of laboratory support space
- Areas for staff collaboration and education
- Construction start: Summer 2016 View photos
- Groundbreaking Ceremony - August 9, 2016
- Anticipated construction completion: Summer 2020
Future Research Facility