VA Palo Alto Health Care System
Construction in Palo Alto
New 12,000 Sq. Ft. Single-Story Spinal Cord Injury/Disorder (SCI/D) Center
This project will construct a 12,000 Gross Square Feet (GSF) Spinal Cord Injury / Disorders (SCI/D) inpatient replacement unit at the Palo Alto Division. The SCI/D unit will be comprised of 13 beds providing a mix of private and semiprivate patient rooms in accordance with VA's Space Planning Criteria.
- 13 beds, plus associated nursing and patient areas
- The new wing will include all private patient rooms and will comply with current VA design guide standards for SCI units.
- Currently resolving issues with patient lifts and headwall connections
- 12kV power upgrade project currently underway to provide power to SCI/D Center
- Construction completion: Fall 2016