VA Palo Alto Health Care System
VA Makes Travel Claims Faster and Safer
VA announced on June 29, 2020, that eligible Veterans and beneficiaries can now use the new Beneficiary Travel Self-Service System (BTSSS) to submit reimbursement claims for travel to and from VA medical appointments. The new system will allow users to submit and track transportation reimbursement claims using a secure web-based portal on Access VA, available 24/7, 365 days a year.
“The BTSSS replaces the need for older, manual tracking methods, and will provide a much safer experience for our Veterans since it reduces in-person interactions,” said Director Thomas J. Fitzgerald III.
BTSSS has many advantages, for example, it:
- Reduces the need for completing hard copy claim submissions in-person at the facility by replacing and eliminating the previous kiosk method.
- Provides an easy to use web-based application that allows you to enter your claim over the internet via AccessVA.
- Ensures timely processing and payment of travel reimbursements, and reduces manual intervention and improper claim payments through automated features.
- Authenticates the Veteran or Beneficiary by:
- VA PIV card
- A DS Logon Level 2 account
BTSSS will be available at VA Palo Alto Health Care System beginning in September 2020. As the system goes live, the need for kiosks will be discontinued, however, in-person and hard-copy claims submission will still be available.
For information on eligibility, visit VA’s Travel Pay Reimbursement site.