VA Palo Alto Health Care System
Compliance and Business Integrity Office
CBI advises the Medical Center Director, Executive Leadership, and employees on matters relating to internal compliance oversight of operations. Through engagement and partnership with stakeholders at VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPACHS), the Compliance Team implements protocols to detect, prevent, and mitigate noncompliant activities. The Compliance Team plays a critical role in making sure Veterans receive health care effectively, appropriately, and efficiently.
The Compliance Officer and Compliance Program Specialists manage daily operations and work directly with VA employees and Veterans to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- To strengthen Veterans’ trust in VA health care by fostering an environment of business integrity, ensuring adherence to laws, and providing risk-based oversight.
- Serve as the authoritative source for compliance oversight throughout VAPAHCS
- Ensure a culture of integrity through oversight activities
- Integrate best practices into evolving business models and operations
- CBI directs investigative actions relating to violations of the Standards of Ethical Conduct, violations of Medical Center policies, or violations of laws and regulations
- We work with hospital services to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- We support the facility Compliance Committee.
If you have questions or need to report any activity that you reasonably suspect of violating VA Rules and Regulations, please contact the Compliance Team. You may remain anonymous.
- Jeffrey Petro
- (650) 493-5000 extension 67012
Compliance Program Specialist
- Randy Carroll
- (650) 493-5000 extension 61361
You may also call and e-mail the CBI National Hotline with your concerns.
- Telephone: 1-866-842-4357
- E-mail: vhacbiHelpLine@va.gov
Your Compliance Team
3801 Miranda Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94043
- 650-493-5000 Ext. 67012
Hours of Operation
- M-F 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.