VA Palo Alto Health Care System
The Psychology Internship and Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Programs are accredited by the American Psychological Association.* The next site visit for the internship program will be in 2023, and the next site visit for the postdoctoral program will be in 2020.
The VA Palo Alto Psychology Internship and Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program descriptions, application and selection information, and training staff information are updated yearly in the fall. While some information will change from year-to-year, please note that the majority of the training program information on this website remains the same and can inform you about the training opportunities available at Palo Alto even before the final updates are posted for the next internship and postdoctoral training year.
- For additional information about Behavioral Medicine training on internship, please visit the Behavioral Medicine Internship Track website.
- Behavioral Medicine Focus Area
- Clinical Geropsychology Focus Area
- Palliative Care Focus Area
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Focus Area
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Focus Area
- Continuum of Care for Addictive Behaviors, Trauma, and Co-Occurring Disorders Focus Area
- Couples/Family Systems Focus Area
VA Palo Alto Health Care System Psychology Training Program is a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC), which organizes the manner in which offers of internship and acceptances are conducted. We participate in the computer matching program and follow all APPIC policies. We take the guidelines seriously and are committed to implementing them fully.
*Questions related to the program's accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation:
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979 / Email: email@example.com