VA Palo Alto Health Care System
The Psychology Internship and Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Programs are accredited by the American Psychological Association.*
The information on this website is updated yearly, but please feel free to reference last year's program descriptions prior to the September updates since much of the descriptions of the training program and rotations remain the same from year to year.
Clinical Psychology Internship Training Program - Updated for 2018-2019 (full brochure)
- Internship Application Instructions Internship applications due by Wednesday, November 1, 2017. Interview notification emailed by December 15, 2017. Tentative interview dates: December 18-19, 28-29, and January 2-23 (except January 15).
- Internship Training Program Description 2018-2019
- Internship Training Rotations 2018-2019
- Summary Table of Internship Training Sites
Clinical Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Postdoctoral Fellowship Brochure and Application Requirements for 2017-2018 Updated 2018-19 postdoctoral fellowship information will be available by October 15, 2017. Postdoctoral applications due by Thursday, December 28, 2017. Postdoctoral offers will be made on February 26, 2018.
- Behavioral Medicine Focus Area
- Clinical Geropsychology Focus Area
- Palliative Care Focus Area
- Rehabilitation Psychology Focus Area
- Clinical Neuropsychology Focus Area
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Focus Area
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Focus Area
- Substance Use/Homeless Rehabilitation Focus Area
- Couples/Family Systems Focus Area
VA Palo Alto Health Care System Psychology Training Program is a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC), which organizes the manner in which offers of internship and acceptances are conducted. We participate in the computer matching program and follow all APPIC policies. We take the guidelines seriously and are committed to implementing them fully.
*Questions related to the program's accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation:
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Human Resources Forms for Psychology Trainees