VA Palo Alto Health Care System
Construction in Monterey
201 9th Street, Marina, CA 93933
Major General William H. Gourley VA-DOD Outpatient Clinic
Leadership from the VA and Department of Defense (DoD) have made the commitment to explore innovative approaches to delivering health care to eligible beneficiaries in the Monterey Bay Region. Through a unique and detailed partnership, the new Monterey Health Care Center, built on fourteen acres in Monterey County, is a fully integrated facility that serves Veterans, active duty military members, and their beneficiaries. The center replaces existing and outdated VA and DoD clinics to provide comprehensive healthcare services to patients in a modern space with improved efficiencies and expanded Veteran and family resources.
The new CBOC features VA's new Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) design to support a Veteran-centric model of care. PACT's team-based care design also promotes staff collaboration in a flexible and adaptable concept.
State-of-the-art training and patient education spaces promote group classes. All clinical areas are wired to support expansive Telehealth programs.
- Primary Care
- Mental Health
- Audiology and Speech Pathology
- Health Care Center Lease project includes:
- Developer financed project built on acquired land parcel;
- Construction of 150,000 Gross Square Feet for VA and DoD;
- VA leases back building for extended period of time.
- Fall 2010-Fall 2012 – VA Palo Alto Health Care System worked with architecture firm, Cannon Design, and VA Real Property to develop design and solicitation documents.
- Summer 2013 - Construction award
Press release: Contract awarded to build VA/DOD clinic at former Fort Ord
- Nov. 11, 2013 - Ground Breaking Ceremony (View photos on Facebook)
- Nov. 6, 2014 - Topping-Off Ceremony (View photos on Facebook)
- Construction start: Summer 2014
- Dedication Ceremony - October 14, 2016 View photos | Watch video
- Construction is complete.
- Clinic Opening: August 14, 2017 View photos | Watch video