VA Palo Alto Health Care System
Current Operating Status
As of Monday, March 23, 2020 2:21 PM PDT
03/16/20: Changes to VAPAHCS Visitor Policy
Moving forward, visitors will not be allowed in the VA Palo Alto Health Care System, including Palo Alto Division Building 100, Building 7 and Building 520; all CLCs, including Palo Alto, Livermore, and Menlo Park; all residential mental health care programs in Menlo Park; and all outpatient clinics and locations, health care system wide. This restriction also applies to patients’ family members currently in Fisher House and Defenders Lodge.
03/15/20: Cancellation of Elective Surgeries and Procedures
Out of an abundance of caution due to COVID-19 and to limit the risk of exposure to patients and staff, VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) is cancelling all elective surgeries and procedures, effective immediately and until further notice. All patients that fall into this category will be contacted by the facility before Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
For more information about Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), visit the national Public Health website.
VA is screening Veterans and staff who present with symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath who meet the CDC criteria for evaluation of COVID-19 infection. Per CDC guidance and VA protocols, individuals known to be at risk for a COVID-19 infection are immediately isolated to prevent potential spread to others. Veterans and staff are encouraged to take every day preventative actions to avoid being exposed to the virus.
These key steps can help save lives:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick or becoming sick.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
|VA Palo Alto Health Care System||Normal Hours|
|Palo Alto Division||Normal Hours|
|Menlo Park Division||Normal Hours|
|Livermore Division||Normal Hours|
|Capitola Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Fremont Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Modesto Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Monterey Clinic||Normal Hours|
|San Jose Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Sonora Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Stockton Clinic||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-800-455-0057
- Change Your Appointment: 1-800-455-0057
- Media Inquiries: 650-858-3925
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 650-493-5000
- Pharmacy Refill: 1-800-311-2511
- Staff Locator: Not Available
- Telephone Care: 1-800-455-0057