VA Palo Alto Health Care System
HUD-VASH Information for Landlords
Would you like to house a hero?
Many Veterans and their families are currently seeking affordable housing in your local community through the HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program.
The HUD-VASH Program assists Veterans to pay rents that are affordable to their households, with the local Public Housing Authority (PHA) helping to pay the remainder. If you have a rental property you would like to rent to Veterans participating in the HUD-VASH Program, our VA staff can assist you through the process.
Key Benefits of the HUD-VASH Program:
- Keep Your Occupancy Up – There are many Veterans awaiting housing opportunities in your area!
- Reliable Rental Payments – Receive reliable rental subsidy payments directly from the local Public Housing Authority.
- Landlord Incentives – You may be eligible to receive financial bonuses through the All the Way Home Campaign in Santa Clara County or the Housing Authority of the County of San Mateo just for renting to a HUD-VASH Veteran in those counties!
- Save Time and Money – Just let us know that you want to house a hero!
- Support – VA staff is available to link you with local HUD-VASH rental applicants, assist in the lease-up process, and provide support to help create a successful rental experience. Get To Know Us!
Renting to Veterans is a unique opportunity to honor those who have served. If you would like to learn more about housing a hero, please contact us at (650) 493-5000 x25590.
No Veteran should be without an affordable place to call home, so please join us in honoring those who have served. Help house a hero today!