VA Palo Alto Health Care System
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program - How To Apply
Our program participates in the ASHP PhORCAS system and National Matching Service. This residency site agrees that no person at this site will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant.
NMS Number: 191213
Prior to match:
1. Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
After the match:
2. Return signed Resident Appointment Letter by the stated deadline.
3. Successfully pass a pre-employment physical exam.
4. Pharmacist licensure in at least one state secured within 90 days of starting residency.
Candidates wishing to apply are required to submit the following via PhORCAS:
1. A “letter of intent” stating why you are pursuing a residency position in our program (max. 1 page);
2. A current curriculum vitae;
3. VA Form 10-2850D - Application for Health Professions Trainees
4. A current official School of Pharmacy transcript;
5. Three letters of recommendation. One of the reference writers must be a clinical rotation preceptor. All three reference writers should use the standard PhORCAS template to submit their recommendation.
Applications must be completed in PhORCAS no later than December 27, 2019.
Learn more about us at ASHP Midyear (Booth #6245)
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Attend our Open House: Friday, November 22, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
Please RSVP to David Lee by November 18, 2019.
For further questions, contact:
Catherine S. Hong, PharmD, BCCCP
Academic Detailing & Training Program Manager
PGY1 Residency Program Director | VALOR Coordinator
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Pharmacy Service (119)
3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304